Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back in the Studio--Finally!

The blast of cool air that moved in yesterday is a welcome change from the record-breaking temps of September and while I should have taken advantage of the cooler weather and caught up on some gardening, I chose to paint. I am trying to get ready for the Guinness to Haggis Tour Art Show at the Failte Irish Shop in Lexington. The show is one night only--Thursday, October 7, and is also a reunion for those of us from the Lexington area who went on the tour last year. I took tons of photographs, but so far have only managed to complete three paintings. I started the fourth one yesterday, but I'm not sure it'll be finished in time for the show. This is the work in progress:  It is a cottage in Bunratty Village, Ireland.

WIP - Bunratty Village, Ireland
16 x 20, Acrylics

Sacred Stone Circle, Isle of Mull, Scotland
16 x 20,  Acrylics
This second piece is of the sacred stones on the Isle of Mull, Scotland. I believe this is in Loch Buie. The upper part of the piece is a little washed out because of the lighting in the studio and the camera--I was too lazy to go upstairs and get my good camera, so this was taken with my cell phone. But you get the idea....I'm thinking I should have removed the stone in the far left, but I'll leave it for now. Not enough time to do that before Thursday.

4 comments:

shraddha said...

beautiful work..loved it.!

Betsy Grant said...

It's good to see your paintings again. Your work is so lovely!

Betsy Grant said...

These are all lovely!

Ricardo said...

Hi, I want to congratulate you for your great work, I love the way you paint, I will follow your blog.un greeting.