Now back to St. Michael: below is the study I did--it's pretty rough. I did quite a bit of research but most of the paintings depicting St. Michael made him look very feminine and unrealistic in the sense that he looked more like he was posing rather than about to unload on a 7-headed beast. So I ended up using a baseball stance combined with sort of a samurai warrior pose to get what I've depicted here. I've still got a lot of fine-tuning to do, and I've asked the client to determine hair color. I may end up changing the outfit too--depends on what the client wants.
So now it's back to the 30/30 challenge until I get the go ahead from my client. I'm now 12 paintings behind. Oh well....I'm still having fun.