Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Works in Progress....Progress

Busy week here at Wit's End Studio.  Spent most of the day Saturday at the Lifebridge for Animals Mutt Show and Rover Run and had a wonderful time.  I saw some of the cutest dogs there--some available for adoption from the Shelby County Animal Shelter, others just hanging out for a good time, and the weather was perfect!

After that, I spent the remainder of the weekend working on the Pekingese commission.  I decided to change up the background from the solid blue to a more natural setting--I think it works much better. There is still a lot of work to do before this piece is finished, but I think it's coming along very nicely. 

I finished a couple of mini-paintings over the weekend too.  They are 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 except for the beautiful blue-eyed kitty on the left--that one is 4 x 4.  I enjoyed painting them all, but I think my favorite is the little piggies.

The next event for me is the Celtic Fest in Eminence, Kentucky.  I've got to finish up some jewelry pieces and several Irish-themed paintings.  I'll be posting pics of all that soon.  Meanwhile, back to the easel!

No comments: