Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Portraits, Portraits, Portraits!

Puppy...work in progress
Mom & Pop
Can't believe it's been over 2 months since I updated this blog. It's not that I've had nothing to blog about...but don't worry, I'm not going to bore you all by trying to catch up.  I've been painting, painting, painting, and loving every minute of it. I finally finished the portrait of "Mom & Pop"(right) and the client is very happy, which makes me happy. So now I'm moving on to my next project:  another pet portrait, this time a cat. I'll post photos of that soon. Meanwhile, above left, is a painting I'm working on for fun.  I'm nearly finished, just need to add a few little details.  I'm also back to work on a portrait of my Cavalier, Charlie--a larger piece that I set aside for awhile so I could work on commissions. 

And speaking of commissions, check back in a week or so as I will be running a special on Pet Portraits!This will be your chance to get a custom-painted portrait of your favorite furry friend! I have several other ideas brewing for pet portraits that I'm really excited about--so keep an eye out for details.

As for the daily photos and mini-poems, I'm so far behind, I decided to not even attempt to post them. I'll just add a few here and there in the next week or so. Spring came early this year, which means lots and lots of yard work in between my day job and painting--and that has left little time for anything else. But I'm not giving up!

Have a good evening!


No comments: