Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope it's been a pleasant one for all of you, and I hope everyone took a few minutes to say a prayer of thanks for those who gave their time and lives in service to our country--and that includes the thousands of K-9's who have been used in wartime since WWI, I believe.  Many of them didn't make it home either.

It's HOT here, and I've spent most of my weekend mowing. Ugh.  But I did manage to squeeze in a little painting time.  I finished one mini-painting, started months ago, and worked on a larger piece, also started awhile back.  I'm slowly re-motivating myself to write and paint at least for a few minutes a day.  Hard to do for someone like me, who wants instant gratification.  I'm not a very fast painter, although I am working on that. So here's a pic of the mini-painting.  This is a 4 x 4 acrylic.
Mini Kitty

  

Tomorrow I'll post another painting. Stay tuned!









Here's an interesting site to visit to get your artblog listed:
http://www.getblogs.com/directory/">GetBlogs Blog Directory

1 comment:

Sherry Maxwell said...

Hi I love your mini painting. She is beautiful. I to know how you feel. It gets hard somedays, but we keep on pushing ourselves. Things in this world has really but a tole on me and a lot of others. I keep losing my motivation to. We can do it!
Can wait to see your next mini....