Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tea and Lemons, Please

I cannot believe I've missed the entire month of June! I guess time really does fly when you're having fun, though I can't say I've been having a lot of fun lately. Mostly I've been doing yard work, pulling those darn weeds that never seem to stop growing, even after soaking them in mega weedkiller! Ah well, it's just another challenge for us wannabe gardeners. 
The White Teacup
9 x 12
Acrylics on claybord

In addition to my never-ending battle with the weeds, I have managed to do some painting. Not as much as I'd like, but here's the most recent one--just finished a few days ago.  This is acrylics on Ampersand claybord. 

I've also been working on my jewelry.  Finished a couple of pairs of earrings and a necklace. I'm getting ready for a small fundraiser in August, where I'll be debuting my jewelry.  Right now most of the pieces are made with inexpensive beads and wire, since I'm still working on design elements, etc.  But I will soon make the switch to sterling silver and gemstones, so stay tuned!  Here are a few samples: 
 I'm still learning about twisting wire and playing around with different techniques and design elements, which is why I'm using the inexpensive materials right now.  But I'm definitely enjoying this new venue--I've actually made jewelry before, but really hadn't considered selling it.  I'm hoping to make my own beads and pendants at some point, too. I guess that's what happens with us creative types--always moving forward and trying new things. That's a good thing, though, isn't it? 

Well, it's time to move outside. The weeds are a-calling!  Later!

No comments: