Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dragonblood Jasper...not as scary as it sounds!

I couldn't resist making yet another jewelry set--this one made of dragonblood jasper stones and sterling silver over copper wire celtic swirls.  I apologize for the poor lighting.  When I'm ready to sell my jewelry I will take better photos. But I was just so pleased with these pieces, I had to share.  The beads are a little more green/brown color than they look in the photos, and the bale on the pendant is plastic.  I was going to remove it and make one out of wire, but I was afraid I'd damage the stone--but at least the design of the bale matches the design theme of the rest of the set. I think my swirls are becoming more consistent--although I actually prefer the slight variations--I think that's what makes the pieces unique--they certainly don't look like they've been made on a production line.

I'll be taking a little break from jewelry over the weekend--time to get back to slinging paint.  And speaking of painting--I will be featured as a Blogger of the Week soon on EBSQ, so be on the lookout for that! As soon as I complete the interview, I'll post a link to the article. 

No comments: