Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's hot--and these earrings are hotter!

These were fun to make--little swirls of copper hung from copper earring wires--like a little mobile.  Very light--you won't even know you're wearing them!

So did that sound like an advertisement?  I'm not a very good sales person--my approach is more like "would you like to buy some earrings?  Oh. Didn't think so..." and that's it.  I've never been very good at promoting myself--as an artist or a writer.  I'm still surprised when someone actually says they like what I've done, and even more surprised when they buy something.  I'm working on a better approach, but I keep thinking about how I feel when I walk into a store and a salesperson descends on me--and when I say I'm just looking, they shadow me, afraid I'll escape.  I prefer to take my time and look--and if I want information or to buy, I'll find the salesperson. And that's how I feel about selling my art. No pressure, just enjoy!

Heading back to the easel tomorrow--I'm still trying to finish up some mini-paintings for the God's House fundraiser on Saturday.  Wish me luck--40% of any sales goes to God's House USA.

No comments: