Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What's on the Easel: Pet Portrait WIP Update

Been working steadily on this pet portrait commission.  The client sent me over a dozen photos of the 2 Pekingese, and I've been trying to create a piece that shows both dogs' personalities.  I've been playing with the background a bit...not sure this is the one I'll keep.  Mostly I worked on Lucky's eyes (the black dog).  Buddy's eyes are blocked in but still need quite a bit of detail.  I like to get the eyes done first; everything else falls into place more easily after that. I love painting portraits, animal or human, and working with the client to create a piece of art that captures the "essence" of someone very special to them. 

I do have to work on some other pieces, though--getting ready for the Celtic Fest in September, in Eminence, Kentucky.  There, I'll be showing not only my Irish-themed paintings, but some Celtic themed jewelry as well.  For more info, check out their website!

Meanwhile, back to the easel!

No comments: