Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

Woke up to gentle rain this morning. I like that. If the weather continues to be cool like this, Kentucky will break a record for low temps in July. So far temps here haven't gone into the 90's once. If the trend continues, it will be the first July ever (since they've been keeping records) with no 90-degree days. I can live with that.

No time to paint again today because I'm heading off to the library for a nice lunch with the Jubilee Youth Art Show committee members and the woman who is judging the show. We had over 270 entries this year and I had my first real good look at the work yesterday. We have some truly gifted artists in the schools. I hope some of them, at least, will continue to pursue their art. Lots of talent here in Shelbyville!

Speaking of talent, the gallery to which I belong, Shelby Artists on Main, is having a Christmas in July sale, so I need to haul out some of my older work and bring it in. I'm not a big fan of marking down artwork, but with the economy the way it is, people just aren't spending their hard earned dollars on expensive paintings. Actually, these days, prints and notecards are what's selling for me. But I need to free up space in my studio, so offering a discount on the older pieces might help move them out. Or not. (:-D)

Hope to upload pics of a couple more new pieces later today. Check back tonight if you're interested!

No comments: