Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stormy Saturday

Woke up to thunder and lightning this morning, with the Great Dane, Max, squeezing in between us on the bed. 176 lbs. of coward, that's our Max. The other two dogs, Ringo and Charlie, couldn't care less about storms.

The storms cleared and the sun came out long enough for the Jubilee Youth Sidewalk Art Contest to go on as planned. I was one of the judges for the elementary group entries, and we had a 3-way tie for 3rd place--so we ended up giving 2 honorable mentions. There are some wonderful budding artists out there and I think the little ones went away happy with their prizes.

Ever had so much to do that you end up doing nothing? I think that's where I am today. Yardwork, housework, artwork--all need attention and I am so exhausted from running around this week that I have no desire to do anything. I need to though--the weeds are growing, the dust bunnies are multiplying, and those paintings do not paint themselves. I have three weeks to finish my portrait entry for the state fair, and at least a week of that will be needed for the paint to dry. Should have done it in acrylics. Oh well. Then I'd have just kept putting it off and I'd still be rushing to finish. On the other hand, I think I do my best work under pressure.

Rain storms are moving back in. I think I'll curl up with my book: New Moon--the second in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I love this series! What about the work I have to do, you ask? Hmmm....I think a little book-time might be good right about now--besides, what better way to spend a rainy afternoon than curled up on the couch with a good book surrounded by my three furry friends? (And maybe my husband, too....)

No comments: