Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Business Side of Art: An Exhausting Endeavor

I am beat. I spent most of the day searching the 'net, looking for ways to increase art sales. I've admitted this before: I'm a lousy business person. But my goal for the new year is to improve my business skills. However, tonight my head is spinning from information overload, I guess. There is a ton of advice and information out there and just clicking from link to link and reading about it has worn me out.  I'm told you have to spend money to make money, but that is nearly impossible to do--for me, anyway. Get a website--with your own domain, etc., if possible; send out a newsletter, join arts organizations, run ads in local magazines...the list goes on. Yes, I do want to sell more of my artwork, but does anyone out there know what really works? Does anything? Sometimes I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. 

So I'm calling it a day. On a lighter note, I have some pics of this morning's adventure with the Schwan delivery truck and my driveway. Tune in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Fanciful Expressions said...

I know what you mean about the business part. I really struggle with it too. I would like to stay in the studio and let the rest take care of itself. Unfortunately,that isn't the case.